Cradle of Lao Culture
Day 1: Arrival - Luang Prabang
Day 2: Luang Prabang - Pakou - Luang Prabang (B)
Day 3: Luang Prabang – Khouangsi water fall (B)
Day 4: Luang Prabang – Departure (B)
Transportation by air / car.
Day1. Arrival - Luang Prabang
Upon arrival, you will be met and transferred to hotel. Luang Prabang has been claimed by the UNESCO to be ‘the best preserved city in South East Asia’. During our time here, we visit the impressive stupa of Wat Visoun and the shrine of Wat Aham, Wat Mai, we then climb up to the top of Phousi Mount for an enjoyable exploration of the sacred, gilded stupa as well as a panoramic view of the city at sunset and the Mekong River. From there, we explore the Night Market, where you can find a lovely selection of handmade textile made by local and hilltribe people surrounding Luang Prabang. Overnight in Luang Prabang
Day2. Luang Prabang - Pakou - Luang Prabang (B/…/…)
Today, we enjoy a short-guided tour seeing the city’s oldest temple of Wat Sene and the magnificent Wat Xiengthong with its roofs sweeping low to the ground, which represents classical Laotian architecture. We then embark on a cruise upstream on the Mekong River, which also gives us a breathtaking view of the tranquil countryside as well as explores the mysterious Pak Ou Caves, two linked caves crammed with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of various shapes and sizes left by pilgrims. Along the way, we stop at the village of Ban Xanghai, where they make the local rice wine. On return, we take a short drive to Ban Phanom, a small village known for its hand weaving. Overnight in Luang Prabang
Day3. Luang Prabang – Khouangsi waterfall (B/…/…)
An optional early start gives you the fantastic opportunity to participate in the daily morning rituals of saffron-clad monks collecting offerings of Alms (ubiquitous sticky rice) from the faithful residents. This tradition is unique in Laos, being the only Buddhist nation still preserving the procession. From there you will visit the morning Phosi Market, where you will see such diverse offerings as dried buffalo skin, local tea and saltpeter among the chickens, vegetables and hill-tribe weavings. Laos is also known for its traditional crafts, and today you will visit local villages of Lao ethnic minority groups at Ban Ouay, Hmong Village, Ban Ou, Laoloum Village and Ban Thapene, Khmu Village, then drive to the beautiful Khouangsi Waterfall where you can cool off with a refreshing swim in the turquoise pools or walk along the forest trails. After returning to Luang Prabang by late afternoon, we continue to Ban Xangkhong, a village well known for its silk weavings and for its Saa (jute) Papermaking. We return to the city by late evening to observe the sunset at Wat Siphouthabath. Overnight in Luang Prabang
Day4. Luang Prabang – Departure (B/…/…)
After breakfast, we visit The National Museum (close Tuesday) at the former Royal Palace, which displays a lovely collection of the artefacts reflecting the richness of Lao culture dating from the days of the early kings right through to the last sovereign. Also the Central Market is not to be missed. After visiting these sights in the morning, you have free time to explore the town and stroll around the shopping area. The tour ends after your transfer to the airport for departure..
PRICE (for group of minimum 4 people)
Children from 0 – 5 years: Free of charge.
Children from 6 – 10 years:
- Twin-sharing room with one adult 100% of adult fare.
- With extra bed, sharing room with two adults 80% of adult fare.
- Sharing bed with two adults 50% of adult fare.
- Private transportation in private air-conditioned
- Accommodation in twin shared
- Private boat trip as stated in above sights
- English/French speaking guide
- Admission fee to indicated sights
- Meals: daily breakfast at hotel
- Gov’t tax and service charge
- Luggage handling
- 2 bottles of drinking water per day during the tour
- 2 cold towel per day during the tour
- International air-tickets (HAN-LPQ-HAN) - from US$ 315/Pax
- International airport tax
- Entry visa fee to Laos (US$ 25/Pax) & New entry visa to Vietnam (US$ 65/Pax).
- Travel Insurance in all kinds
- Tip, drinks, personal expenses and others
- All meals owned arrangement.
- Optional visit, Gala Dinner, New Year Eve, Christmas Eve, etc…
Ref. Supplement Guide: US$/ Guide/ Tour
- Chinese-speaking guide (escort from Vientiane) = US$ 330
- Spanish/ Japanese-speaking guide (escort from Vientiane) = US$ 370
- Italian-speaking guide(local guide in LPQ) = US$ 280
- Korea-speaking guide(escort from Vientiane) = US$ 600
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation made within
- 7 days prior to departure date: 100% of reservation cost + 20% air - ticket refund fee (if any)
- 8-14 days prior to departure date: 50% of reservation cost + 20% air - ticket refund fee (if any)
- 15-29 days prior to departure date: 25% of reservation cost + 20% air - ticket refund fee (if any)
- 30 or more days prior to departure date: 10% of reservation cost + 20% air - ticket refund (if any)