Tet in the Mekong Delta
Enjoy a full-day excursion to My Tho, a peaceful town on the bank of the Mekong River 75km south of Saigon. My Tho is a popular tourist destination in the Mekong Delta where you can explore Thoi Son Islet, Vinh Trang Pagoda and the daily life of the locals. Especially on the New Year occasion, this tour offers a fresh corner of My Tho which opens during the Tet season. The tour comprises a stroll at the season’s flower fair, a cruise on the Mekong River, a stop at a local home living on floriculture, a traditional lunch with the family members and a cooking practice session of “Banh Tet”, a kind of country cake made of sticky rice and green peas.
- Start: 08:0 return around 17:00 (full day)
- February 08th - 15th, 2018 (Lunar Year's day 23-30)
- Pick up at hotels or Saigontourist’s offices
- Transfer to My Tho
- Visit a flower fair & Vinh Trang Pagoda
- Joy the Tet atmosphere at a local house
- Practice making Banh Tet (traditional sticky rice cake)
- Lunch at the local house
- Enjoy the cruise on Mekong Cruise
- Visit a local house on an islet (stroll around the orchard garden,
- enjoy some tropical fruit and honey tea)
- Enjoy amateur singing and hand-rowing sampan along the canals
- Return to HCMC
- Air-con transfer
- English-speaking guide
- Boat ride, fruit, lunch at local home & admission
- Don’t wear shorts, sleeveless shirts when in the temple and the local home in Tet holidays.
- Children 0 - 5 years free, 6 - 10 years 30% off above price.
- 40% of the tour fare (applicable to cancellations made after 15:00 on the day before the departure day).
- Last-minute cancellation or no-show: 100% of the tour fare.
- Departure at the Saigontourist Travel Service Co. or hotel pick-up in District 1 only.